Navis Opens Submission For Inspire Awards 2019
November 29, 2018
Winners of Award for Excellence in Shipping Industry to be Announced at Navis World 2019
Navis announced that submissions are now being accepted for the 2019 Navis Inspire Awards.
Now in its third year, the Navis Inspire Awards recognize excellence throughout the shipping supply chain and celebrate terminal operators and ocean carriers using the broad suite of Navis solutions to innovate, optimize and deliver value and positive impact at their facilities and in their communities at-large. All Navis and XVELA customers including terminal operators, ocean carriers, vessel owners and port authorities are encouraged to apply.
This year, Navis has expanded the nomination categories to include:
- Terminal Operations Optimization: How have you improved and optimized operations at your terminal? Objectives may include efficiency, productivity, environmental sustainability, safety and functional benefits.
- Vessel Performance and Capacity Optimization: How have you improved and optimized vessel performance and optimized capacity? Objectives may include vessel utilization, energy efficiency including fuel consumption, optimal cargo load, voyage/service optimization and vessel safety.
- Innovation: How have you pushed the envelope to implement new technologies and/or processes at that are connected with Navis software? Discuss project design, implementation and ongoing operations.
- Customer/Community Impact: What value have you delivered that led to a significant increase in customer satisfaction and increasing customer retention? Or how have you positively impacted your local or regional community through site operations?
- Collaboration Across the Container Flow: How have you improved operational performance through better collaboration and transparency across the ocean supply chain? Objectives may include berth productivity, operational efficiency, improved vessel turn times and enhanced alliance operations.
- Learning and Development: How are you growing your workforce’s capabilities, skills and competencies for competitive advantage? How do you manage change in the organization to stay ahead? What training, learning and developmental resources have you used, internal or external, to achieve your goals?
For the first time, Navis now also offers an Individual Achievement Award to recognize outstanding customers who have made a significant contribution in their company to drive the industry forward.
All submissions must be received by December 31, 2018 and nomination forms can be downloaded here. The winners will be revealed at the company’s 12th biennial user conference, Navis World 2019, from March 25-28, 2019 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
“Through the Inspire Awards we aim to highlight the true trailblazers in ocean shipping. The awards always attract a multitude of very competitive nominations – underlying the strength of the global shipping community and its high caliber leaders,” said Bruce Jacquemard, Chief Customer Officer, Navis. “Our customers are committed to advancing the industry and thrive on innovation. and encouraging their efforts in areas critical to our industry’s future is the motivation behind the Inspire Awards. We’re truly honored to recognize our customers who are driving change to make global trade smarter, safer and more sustainable for all.”
Confirmed sponsors for Navis World 2019 include Kalmar, Data and System Planning (DSP), Orbita, smart-Tecs, VectorUSA, JLT Mobile Computers, TEDIVO LLC, IDENTEC SOLUTIONS and Camco Technologies. For more information, please use the following links or visit http://navisworld.navis.com.